IMT has the following job openings:
The Institute for Market Transformation (IMT) seeks a Senior Analyst to drive market adoption of decarbonized, high-performing buildings. The ideal candidate will have the ability to synthesize and deliver complex information—from multiple external and internal sources—and draw insightful conclusions that improve IMT’s ability to advance market adoption of decarbonized buildings and intersecting social priorities. This position reports to the Director for Business Engagement and will work collaboratively throughout the organization.
- Conduct research and provide policy analysis and how it intersects with building operations including building performance standards and the work being done at the intersection of buildings and social priorities such as resilience, public health, racial equity, affordable housing and workforce development
- Analyze building performance data and how it intersects with building operations to develop and deliver national trends and insights to internal staff and external stakeholders in multiple formats
- Translate technical policy information into polished, business-relatable content and messaging
- Track and compile legislation that drives building performance at the local, state, and federal level; translate the relevance and impact for key stakeholders
- Track and compile policy engagement opportunities for external stakeholders
- Manage assigned projects including planning, reporting, and ensuring deadlines and deliverables are met
- Develop content and present to senior level executives of IMT’s partners, and publicly at events and conferences, on relevant topics
- Work with other IMT program as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Undergraduate degree, preferably with a focus on data analysis, business, energy, climate, and/or the environment
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Commitment to advancing social and environmental justice
- Demonstrated ability to compile, analyze, interpret, and represent data
- Highly organized, with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with a thirst for solving tough problems
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate an agility for sizing up and tackling problems
- Flexible, comfortable with some ambiguity, and a team player
This is a full-time position based in IMT’s Washington, DC office, but remote employment will be considered. IMT currently encourages remote work in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The salary range for this position is $65,000 – $75,000, commensurate with experience and based on geographic location. In addition, IMT offers a competitive benefits package.
The deadline to submit your application is May 3, 2021. To apply, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please write “Senior Analyst” in the subject line.
About the Institute for Market Transformation
The Institute for Market Transformation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, with a mission to catalyze demand for high-performing buildings. Achieving this vision requires market transformation through strategic interventions that remove barriers and to provide an easier path to an energy-efficient built environment. We work in partnership with businesses, policymakers, and environmental groups that are leading the future of energy efficiency. With over 20 years of experience, IMT has supported large-scale outcomes as a driver of important new practices and policies that benefit cities, businesses, the economy and the environment.
Headquartered in downtown Washington, DC, we provide a vibrant, collaborative and flexible workplace that brings together diverse expertise. We empower our staff to constantly learn while achieving big goals, and have a great deal of fun along the way.
IMT values all types of diversity-including racial, ethnic, and gender–and is committed to promoting and fostering a diverse organization. IMT is an equal opportunity employer.