IMT currently has the following positions open:
The Institute for Market Transformation (IMT) seeks an accomplished Development Manager to be part of a team that is vital to maintaining IMT’s position at the forefront of market-based solutions to today’s climate and energy challenges. The position will report directly to the Director of Development and lead our proposal activities with foundation, government, and corporate donors. The Development Manager will work closely with IMT’s established donors and a growing number of new funders. The position will work collaboratively with IMT’s program teams, leading prospecting, proposal writing, stewardship, and reporting.
- Manage development functions and flow of work. This includes:
- Support the Director of Development in implementing strategies and goals
- Manage proposal development process, lead end-to-end grants management, and manage correspondence with program teams and external contacts
- Identify prospective donors aligned with the organization’s mission and programs including prospecting through databases and online sources, and matching program goals with grant opportunities
- Lead weekly meetings with the development team, executive director and managing director
- Maintain grant records and manage the delivery of deadlines and reports
- Work with IMT finance staff to coordinate budget development and grant financial reporting.
- Work with program and senior staff to develop fundraising packages that are built into request for proposal responses and formal proposals. This includes:
- Work with leadership, program staff, and finance teams to meet grant goals, promote project accomplishments, develop project narratives, and fundraise for current and new projects.
- Support executive team on fundraising outreach, events, and external communications.
- Develop talking points and presentations for academic, philanthropic, and corporate audiences.
- Write compelling proposals and impact reports. This includes:
- Draft letters of intent and grant proposals, frame and edit proposals, and write interim and final reports.
- Contribute to other priority projects as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of seven years of experience in direct development and fundraising, ideally with foundations, including proposal and report writing.
- Knowledge and experience in prospect identification, designing and implementing and executing cultivation steps, designing solicitation strategy, and stewardship.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to adapt messaging to different audiences
- Works fluently and collaboratively with multiple staff
- Strategic thinker and planner
- Ability to take initiative, to manage multiple projects, and to prioritize effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
How to apply
To apply, please email the following application materials to email@example.com with “Development Manager” in the subject line:
- Cover letter that thoughtfully explains both your experience and your talents that you believe make you an appropriate candidate for this position. Please include your salary requirements.
- Complete resume that delineates your professional experience, education, and other relevant work, memberships, and associations.
- At least four references within the last five years. At least one must be a direct supervisor, and others can include colleagues, executive staff, and funders with whom you have worked.
One writing sample of your own work, which may be a report, proposal or similar document.
About the Institute for Market Transformation
The Institute for Market Transformation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, with a mission to catalyze widespread and sustained demand for high-performing buildings. Achieving this vision requires market transformation through strategic interventions that remove barriers and to provide an easier path to an energy-efficient built environment. We work in partnership with businesses, policymakers, and environmental groups that are leading the future of energy efficiency. With over 20 years of experience, IMT has supported large-scale outcomes as a driver of important new practices and policies that benefit cities, businesses, the economy and the environment.
Headquartered in downtown Washington, DC, we provide a vibrant, collaborative and flexible workplace that brings together diverse expertise. We empower our staff to constantly learn while achieving big goals, and have a great deal of fun along the way.
IMT values all types of diversity-including racial, ethnic, and gender–and is committed to promoting and fostering a diverse organization. IMT is an equal opportunity employer.