IMT has the following positions open:
The Institute for Market Transformation (IMT) is looking for a director to lead our Building Energy Performance Policy (BEPP) program. This position is vital to maintaining IMT at the forefront of market-based solutions to today’s climate and energy challenges.
We seek a recognized leader in the field of energy efficiency who can craft and execute a vision to advance our work and position the program to continue its groundbreaking successes well into the future. The director works closely with IMT executive officers and externally with top city, state, and federal policymakers, national foundations, environmental nonprofits, and leaders from major U.S. business sectors.
Based in Washington, DC, you will manage IMT’s nationally recognized public policy and regulatory work to improve the energy efficiency of America’s buildings. You will direct the program’s strategy to achieve major policy outcomes and oversee our staff of policy experts and project managers based in Washington and in cities throughout the country. You will also oversee our work on the City Energy Project, a multiyear, joint initiative with the Natural Resources Defense Council that works in partnership with 10 of the largest cities in America on strategies to advance energy-efficient buildings.
- Oversee a staff of 10+ policy advisors and project managers based in Washington, DC, and in major cities throughout the country
- With IMT senior management, develop BEPP strategy and ensure link to organizational strategy
- With IMT senior management, oversee program fundraising, including donor reporting, foundation relationship management, new grant proposals, and identification of new development opportunities
- Oversee all BEPP projects, services and deliverables, including policy consulting, advocacy, utility energy data access, the Building Energy Data Initiative, and the City Energy Project
- Represent IMT to external stakeholders and serve as an organizational spokesperson
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in economics, business, political science, urban planning or fields relevant to energy efficiency or real estate
- At least seven years of work experience related to energy efficiency policy. Experience working in city government or with city policymakers preferred
- Proven fund raising abilities and demonstrated donor relationships
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, including with press / media
- Previous experience managing employees
- Strong understanding of advocacy tactics
- Strong record of strategic and political decision-making
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email resume, cover letter, writing sample, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please write “Director, Building Energy Performance Policy” in the subject line.
About the Institute for Market Transformation
IMT is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to promote energy efficiency in buildings. We are headquartered in downtown Washington, DC, a few blocks from the White House. We provide a vibrant, collaborative and flexible workplace that brings together diverse individuals and expertise. We empower our staff to constantly learn while achieving big things, and we have plenty of fun along the way.
Achieving our vision requires market transformation, a process of strategic intervention in the market to remove barriers to energy efficiency. We work in partnership with policymakers, environmental groups, and business leaders that are helping shape the future of energy efficiency in America. Our efforts contribute to important new policy outcomes and widespread changes in practice that benefit the economy and the environment. For more information, visit imt.org.
IMT is an equal opportunity employer.
The Institute for Market Transformation (IMT) is seeking a smart, self-motivated intern to work with our energy efficiency finance team. The internship is expected to start in September or October 2014 and will last from three to six months. This internship is full-time but will consider strong candidates on a part-time schedule. For more information about IMT and our program work, visit imt.org.
Primary Responsibilities and Regular Tasks
- Conduct research on innovative finance structures
- Analyze data using spreadsheets
- Assist team in outreach to stakeholders in commercial real estate community
- Make outreach calls to industry participants in research efforts
- Conduct some administrative tasks such as taking meeting minutes and drafting summary reports
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
- Advanced undergraduate or graduate student with experience in finance, real estate, economics, data analysis, or related field
- Ability to perform self-directed research
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Interest in energy efficiency, green buildings, and preventing climate change
The internship will be paid with salary commensurate with experience. Please email resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
IMT is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Washington, DC with a mission to promote energy efficiency in buildings. Achieving that vision requires market transformation, a process of strategic intervention in the market to remove barriers to greater energy efficiency. We work in partnership with policymakers, environmental groups, and business leaders that are helping shape the future of energy efficiency in America. Our efforts contribute to important new policy outcomes and widespread changes in practice that benefit the economy and the environment. For more information, visit imt.org.
We are headquartered in downtown Washington, DC, a few blocks from the White House. We provide a vibrant, collaborative and flexible workplace that brings together diverse expertise. We empower our staff to constantly learn while achieving big things, and we have a great deal of fun along the way.
IMT values racial, ethnic, and gender diversity and is committed to promoting and fostering diversity within our organization and Board of Directors.
IMT is an equal opportunity employer.