IMT has the following positions open:
- Policy Associate
- Senior Program Associate: Housing Research
The Institute for Market Transformation (IMT) is looking for an outstanding individual to join our policy team in Washington, DC, to help improve the energy efficiency of America’s buildings. Working within our Building Energy Performance Policy Program, you will support the design and deployment of innovative energy efficiency policy in major cities and states by providing research, advocacy, and analysis, and by engaging with policymakers and business leaders.
You will also support our work on the City Energy Project, a multi-year, joint initiative with the Natural Resources Defense Council that works in partnership with 10 of the largest cities in America on strategies to advance energy-efficient buildings.
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic, early-career professional or recent graduate to learn about energy efficiency policy and the built environment while advancing energy efficiency in meaningful ways nationwide.
- Support day-to-day operations of the City Energy Project, including by coordinating communications, assisting in the development of technical resources, and supporting our network of city-based advisors
- Conduct research on innovative policy strategies to identify promising concepts and improve the effectiveness of existing policies in major cities
- Contribute to the development of new projects focused on how energy data can advance the field of energy efficiency
- Support our energy efficiency advocacy work with major cities, states, utilities, business leaders, and federal government agencies
- Assist in the creation of interactive communications and marketing initiatives targeted to IMT’s diverse audiences.
- Undergraduate degree in environmental science, political science, engineering, architecture, economics, or related field
- 1-3 years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas: energy efficiency, utilities, energy consulting, advocacy, government, and real estate
- Experience advocating for a set of issues and/or engaging with external stakeholders
- Effective at managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines independently
- Exceptionally strong writing ability and communication skills, and desire to be a compelling public speaker
- Eagerness to learn, work hard, excel personally, and pursue career growth
- Team player with a positive attitude and sense of humor
Salary is commensurate with experience. Please email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMT is an equal opportunity employer.
Senior Program Associate: Housing Research
The Institute for Market Transformation (IMT) is a nonprofit organization based in Washington, DC, with a mission to promote energy efficiency in buildings. IMT envisions a future in which all buildings are highly efficient. Such a future requires market transformation, a process of strategic intervention in the market to remove the barriers to broader adoption of energy efficiency.
IMT is a leader in the disciplines of building energy performance policy, energy efficiency finance, tenant engagement and green leasing, and building energy codes. IMT’s activities include policy and program development and deployment, promotion of best practices and knowledge exchange, and research.
IMT is seeking a Senior Program Associate: Housing Research to work on various policy and technical projects with the Executive Director and IMT program managers. This position will report to the Director of Energy Efficiency Finance Policy.
Primary responsibilities and regular tasks
- Conduct quantitative research and economic analysis around financing mechanisms for energy efficiency, housing, and other relevant topics
- Model the economic and energy impact of housing energy efficiency policies and programs
- Co-author documents including white papers, articles, letters, proposals, blogs, and fact sheets
- Responsible for managing a project, including planning, reporting, ensuring deadlines and deliverables are met
- Responsible for independent presentations internally at IMT and externally to partners
- Ability to work on multiple projects with multiple deadline expectations. Strong ability to work on multiple teams and tasks
- May manage interns directly and coordinate other staff indirectly
Required education, experience, and skills
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, architecture, economics, business, political science, or fields relevant to energy efficiency, construction, buildings or real estate
- 3 or more years of post-college work experience, preferably in energy efficiency or housing field
- Experience with public policy analysis and research
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Interest in energy efficiency, green building, and related policy issues
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email resume, cover letter, writing sample, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please write “Senior Program Associate: Housing Research” in the subject line.
IMT is an equal opportunity employer.